Academy of Chiropractic Personal Injury & Primary Spine Care Program
Quickie Consult 43
"Speaking the Language of the Lawyer & Take a Quiz"
The last 10 phone calls I received were about doctors meeting with lawyers and their 10 minute meeting turning into a 1-2 hour “love-fest.” This is not inflammatory…Once the lawyer saw what the doctor had to offer, heard what they had to say and understood that the doctor spoke the language of the lawyer, the lawyers wouldn’t let the doctors leave. The reason the lawyer was enamored is that the doctors spoke the language of the lawyer and could answer every clinical question. This equates to a higher settlement for the lawyer and the most compelling reason to work with you. Each of these doctors, except one, had previously taken the PI Bootcamp and the one who didn’t informed me that is a priority now that he has met with lawyers and sees the power behind both the knowledge and the credentials.
Can you answer these questions?
- What are the slice thicknesses of the MRI in the C-T-L spine?
- What is the allowable gap in those MRI’s?
- Do you want a gap in the MRI’s?
- How do you handle deficient hospital records?
- Who is best to refer to with a balance disorder?
- What is the difference between an EMG and a V-ENG?
- A neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon for spinal surgery?
- Does the lawyer see your credentials of MRI, EMG and trauma related care in your CV?
- Can you interpret MRI’s?
- When do you order a bone scan?
- How do you age date the herniation to see if it pre-dated the accident?
- Is the fracture new or old?
- What isthe best diagnostic tool to determine bleeding on the brain?
There are 100’s of more questions…If you got 100% correct…stop reading here. If you didn’t get all of the above correct or don’t know the answers…take the PI Bootcamp. It’s 9 CE credits and you can take it online without leaving your office. To find it, go to the Web site and click on "Continuing Education Courses." Taking the PI Bootcamp is non-negotiable if you do not have the clinical knowledge, because the knowledge is part of the required infrastructure to win in the game of personal injury.