Academy of Chiropractic
Quickie Consult 1250
Infrastructure 257 I
Preamble: Many of the issues I bring to you are very small, yet each issue is just that, an issue. If you take care of the small issues, then you will be able to build and more importantly, focus on the bigger issues...a larger practice and more family time. -Mark Studin 2006
"Studin Top 10"
“I can because I can” Mark Studin 2020
1. Become Trauma Qualified: This is the new minimum
2. Get narratives out upon request within 5 business days: How many times can you disappoint a lawyer before they go elsewhere?
3. Have outstanding bathrooms: Patients tolerate even average ones, but will never forget an outstanding bathroom with amenities.
4. We clean, clean windows: If that motto was good enough for Walt Disney, then why isn’t it good enough for you. Clean your office at least twice daily. That motto made his company the #1 employer in the United States
5. Always rebut improper IME and Peer-Reviews: Your reputation is at stake and referrals are 100% dependent upon your reputation.
6. Learn everything about your referral sources: That is why we created an academic series surrounding the lawyer (1. Testifying 2. Forensic Documentation 3. Educating the Lawyer). This holds true not just for lawyers, but every possible referral source (Lawyers, MD’s, ER’s and the public). We live in the information superhighway age. I feed you almost daily, information that is intended to keep you current. Stay current, with the understanding it is time-consuming.
7. Attend EVERY live event I offer. That includes summer jetboat days, winter in the Hamptons, Primary Spine Care and LIVE on the Web programs. They keep you ahead of the curve and help make your competition irrelevant.
8. Pro-Rate Impairments: 3.4mm is normal and 3.5mm is 25% whole person impairment…Really? A reasonable person would never believe that. Your best (only) solution is http://go.pardot.com/e/839333/2020-02-24/j9jt/6286690?h=mpLpdwGuzQkUnW9K-zQoLb-XGW5fWYH5h3wY2E_Agfw. Pro-Rata Impairments will shortly be the industry standard, as it is evidenced-based. Will you be the 1st or 10th in your community to play by the new “literature-based” rules?
9. Use http://go.pardot.com/e/839333/2020-02-24/j9jw/6286690?h=mpLpdwGuzQkUnW9K-zQoLb-XGW5fWYH5h3wY2E_Agfw for record sharing with lawyers. It costs next to nothing (literally). You can still bill for your records and this gives you many advantages with the lawyers and the case. This is a no-brainer from my perspective.
10. Listen to EVERY Podcast. There are huge changes in the industry and it is the ONLY way to not only keep up, but stay ahead. This is the key to learning emerging technology in the industry, getting more new cases and getting paid. And if you need more… Call me…Anytime.