Academy of Chiropractic Personal Injury & Primary Spine Care Program
Quickie Consult 989
Marketing 114 G
“Vacation is over and it's Time”
“Be excellent and all the BS goes away” Mark Studin 2018
No matter when you read this, if you have been on vacation for real or just “in your mind,” this is applicable.
I have been at the beach, on my jetboat, going water café hopping and running with my grandkids for almost three months now and the summer is over. Yes, I have been working, but not as intense as I usually do. So… It is time to dig in and move up in practice. You are no different.
Labor day was two days ago, and I gave you one day to “get rid of the cobwebs,” so it is time to run as fast as you can. Here are the steps:
- Have your staff pull all of the missed appointments for the last three weeks and call to reschedule patients who are still on vacation (in their mind) and haven’t shown up
- Have your staff pull all of the missed appointments for the last three weeks and call to reschedule patients who are still on vacation (in their mind) and have missed some appointments to reschedule those “misses” to make them up, so you do not lose ground on reconstructing their spine
- Finish all Trauma Team Courses, Hospital Qualifications and become Primary Spine Care Qualified. Wall Street is going to happen quickly and you need to be prepared and “911” actions at the last minute will not serve you well. They are developing a plan right now around those already qualified.
- If you already have those qualifications, take the “Spinal Disc and Ligament Neurology and Pathology” course. That will be required for the next set of qualifications coming shortly. I am currently recording the E&M and Electrodiagnostic Analysis courses that will be ready by Thanksgiving and part of the next requirement.
- Sign up RIGHT now for October 27-28 in New York CLICK HERE. What you will learn will propel you for the entire year and give you a significant advantage over the profession. Also, you have been invited to a private session for members only on Friday. It is FREE, and you get to study with Dr. Weigand who is a master of Spinal Biomechanics or with Dr. Owens and myself on Collections and documentation. Email me that you will be there on Friday. If you are a Trauma Team Member, you have been invited to a private dinner at one of NY’s top restaurants Friday night (on us). We do this LIVE every fall.
- Start building your CV with as many courses as possible. It matters more today than ever before as the courts are mandating more credentials on a consistent basis. Also, ensure you have community service and published works. You can get your published on the US Chiropractic Directory to add to your CV.
- If you did not have a compliance review with me, get one right now! This is the most important part of our relationship. For those of you with your head firmly planted in your butt… Here are the instructions again:
COMPLIANCE REVIEW: Please send me your:
- All the COMPLETED intake forms given to the new patient prior to care, including, but not limited to:
- Informed consent
- Accident and/or personal histories
- Last new personal injury patient E&M (99202-99203-99204-99205) report (if you haven’t had a personal injury case in the last 30 days, then send any patient)
- Inclusive of the history, examination, recommendations, diagnosis, etc.…
- First SOAP (treatment) note of the above new patient
- Office Policy you give your staff
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE PROGRAM… DO NOT SKIP THIS. This will take 1 full hour with you in front of a computer ALONE and you do not need any paperwork, I will already have it.
Please scan and email the documents to me in the above order AS 1 FILE all in the same direction. How you follow these directions will tell me if you are “lawyer friendly” as lawyers will judge how well you follow directions and the first lesson I can give you is that lawyers will NOT work with you if you can’t pay attention to instructions because they feel you will underachieve on the witness stand (even if they know you will never get there).
If you are still “old school” you can fax them to 661-843-1062. Make sure your name is on it so I know it is yours. DO NOT SEND INDIVIDUAL FILES…ONLY ONE CONTINUOUS FILE. This is a critical step as I must ensure your compliance before moving forward. After you have sent the file, CALL or E-MAIL me to make a 1-hour appointment to do the compliance review. IF… your files are not sent in the correct format; I will NOT do the review with you as it will not accomplish what you need. These are preferably done early in the morning.
- Have a staff meeting and cater it with lunch to make them feel “Special” about working in your office because it is their office as well. Discuss the importance of regular care and show them a case where you make biomechanical corrections. If you have pre and post-x-rays, show the changes. If not, if you have a report from Dr. Peyster on AOMSI, show them also. You want to make it “real” for them and didactic. Just explaining that someone got out of pain, will reinforce not making appointments for the patients AFTER they are out of pain and that is a failed paradigm in practice when your quest is structural changes.
- Reconnect with lawyers by scheduling “Breakfast” educational meetings. Follow the program and invite lots and educate 2-3 at a time.
- Schedule a Lawyers Seminars with me. I am now booking for the winter and will only accept “Trauma Team Members” to lecture for as I have come to realize that is the best avenue for a successful seminar. Credentials matter more than you realize!
So much more to come!!!!
Mark Studin DC, FASBE(C), DAAPM, DAAMLP
Adjunct Associate Professor of Chiropractic, University of Bridgeport, College of Chiropractic
Adjunct Post Graduate Faculty, Cleveland University-Kansas City, College of Chiropractic
Adjunct Professor, Division of Clinical Sciences, Texas Chiropractic College
Graduate Medical Educational Presenter, Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education Joint Partnership with the State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Academy of Chiropractic
US Chiropractic Directory