Academy of Chiropractic Personal Injury & Primary Spine Care Program
Quickie Consult 984
Infrastructure 224 I
“Studin Top 10 Fopaha's”
CIRCA MID - 2018
“If you know I am right....why aren't you doing it?” Mark Studin 2018
- Too many of you are still using "Dr." in front of your name . NEVER do that… it’s always Mark Studin DC. By putting Dr. and not have the word chiropractor is a felony in most states… DON'T DO IT!
- Lack of signature line: Across all platforms, you need a signature line, which includes your cell phone. It has to have your name, title, email and cell number so that referring entities can reach you. ALL DIGITAL platforms need this
- Irrevocable: Too many of you have not yet added that tot your assignments and lawyers are revoking them and diverting the Med Pay to them… You are getting screwed by YOU!!!
- X-Ray Digitizing: or lack thereof… over 70% of whiplash patient have it. Use www.spinemetrics.us as your partner. You get Dr. Peyster and Dr. Weigand who invented it.
- Narratives: Too many of you are not using Dr. Schonfeld for your narratives. He is the best and you get oversight for what you miss… He gets it done and, in the end, saves you $$$ as the time you take to do this can be used to treat!!
- Rebutting improper IME and Peer reviews. Your reputation depends upon it and the more you rebut, the less they bother you
- Send patient signed liens via certified, return receipt and fax back. The lack thereof will be the cause of you NOT getting paid
- Not attending the Live seminar on October 27-28: ALL of our most successful offices attend our annual Symposium in New York. This supersedes all family stuff (re-schedule) as it sets the stage for the entire year. This year, those who attend get the edge on working with Wall Street as well as changes with the lawyers and MD's.
- Review of Systems: This is the most common area not documented in E&M reports and is one of the most targeted areas from insurance fraud allegations. Ensure you have an expanded review of systems in all initial E&M’s regardless of the level of examination.
- Under-ordering of MRI’s. “I know it can get better” and ignore the clinical signs to get an MRI and see what is there prior to treating. In addition, trusting the MRI report, which is usually 80% incorrect. Take the MRI course and then take the Mini-Fellowship with Dr. Peyster.
Mark Studin DC, FASBE(C), DAAPM, DAAMLP
Adjunct Associate Professor of Chiropractic, University of Bridgeport, College of Chiropractic
Adjunct Post Graduate Faculty, Cleveland University-Kansas City, College of Chiropractic
Adjunct Professor, Division of Clinical Sciences, Texas Chiropractic College
Graduate Medical Educational Presenter, Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education Joint Partnership with the State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Academy of Chiropractic
US Chiropractic Directory