Academy of Chiropractic Personal Injury & Primary Spine Care Program
Quickie Consult 596
Marketing 37 G
From the Desk of Dr. Mark Studin
Academy of Chiropractic
Preamble: many of these issues I bring are small, yet each issue is just that… an issue. If you take care of the small issues, then you will be able to build and focus on the larger issues… a larger, more profitable practice along with more family time.
“Website Self Audit”
This one is free!!!!
In 2016 Web sites will not be the cause of your referrals. It will however be the repository of your social media leads and the end-result of your SEO efforts making it an integral part of an ever evolving medium in business.
However, your Website can be the cause of patients avoiding you and/or sabotaging your SEO and social media efforts. The following is a checklist of things to remove, fix or add.
1. Drug Bashing: Too many of you have purchased “canned” websites from vendors who give you a “one-sized fits all” site. They are usually cheaper and therefore more attractive to small businesses who falsely believe they are getting more for their money. Read them. Too many of those sites bash drugs and that has zero place in our profession. I have read so many of your sites and most were not aware of the anti-drug rhetoric on the sites. It is OK to cite research, but render an opinion of why chiropractic is good because drugs are bad. My market research indicates this is one of the 2 most reasons for patient to decide NOT to choose you as a doctor.
2. Vaccine Bashing: Again, the comments above are applicable here. To many of you, vaccines are a “lightening rod” and many are passionate about it. This comment has nothing to do with the utilization of vaccines or not. Many of you have sites that bash vaccines and are not even aware of it… Read your Web site… all of it because the lawyers, medical doctors, the public and other referral sources are. For a lawyer, that is the #1 thing a defense lawyer does when preparing to cross examine you and attempt to discredit you as both an expert and doctor. If you are passionate about the vaccine issue, get an independent site about vaccines and do not link your chiropractic practice to it. Vaccines are not a chiropractic issue although there are many chiropractors who think it is. PLEASE do not send me vaccine information as too many do when I bring this issue up. I am simply trying to build your practices and remove non-chiropractic issues.
3. Website speed: What is the speed of your Web host. If it takes more than 2 seconds for your site to load, your audience is gone. If it is slower, either talk to your Web master or change Web hosts. Slow means “gone baby, gone!”
4. US Chiropractic Directory Outbound Link: You should have outbound links to the research on the US Chiropractic Directory for your patients to learn more about their care. Outbound links add to your SEO
5. US Chiropractic Directory Inbound Link: You should have a preferred listing on the US Chiropractic Directory to your Website for people to click to your Website. Inbound links add to your SEO whether someone clicks on it or not. The Web crawlers see those links. In addition, you should click on those links periodically from different computers IP addresses
6. Phone number in top right hand corner of the homepage
7. Address prominently displayed on the homepage
8. Logo’s are important to follow throughout your entire marketing schema
9. Contact form on home page for potential new patients to contact you
10. Doctors CV link to the US Chiropractic directory in the “About Us” page
11. Conversion tracking for ads whether you use Google Ads or Google Analytics to see where your traffic is coming from
12. Copy that is concise, has been proofed by a literary expert and has “rich keyword content “for SEO. The content of your copy matters greatly to Web crawlers so that you can be seen if someone tries to find a chiropractor in your area.
Mark Studin DC, FASBE(C), DAAPM, DAAMLP
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Chiropractic, University of Bridgeport, College of Chiropractic
Adjunct Professor, Division of Clinical Sciences, Texas Chiropractic College
Educational Presenter, Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education Joint Partnership with the State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Academy of Chiropractic
US Chiropractic Directory
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE: CONFIDENTIALITY AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION NOTICE: This email including attachments is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (18 U.S.C. 2510-2521) and contains confidential information belonging to the sender. Nothing contained in this message or in any attachment shall constitute an Electronic Signature or be given legal effect under 44 U.S.C. 3504 Sec. 1707. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the recipient of this message is not the intended recipient, you are at this moment notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message or any attachments of this communications is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If this communication has been received in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email, and delete or destroy this and all copies of this message and all attachments.