Academy of Chiropractic Personal Injury & Primary Spine Care Program
Quickie Consult 39 OS
"Success Checklist" Circa 2-2014"
Sometimes those little "stupid" things make a big difference and sometimes it takes the huge changes to make a difference. In 2014, it now takes all of them because the marketplace is changing so rapidly.
1. My name, address and phone number are on my email signature.
How can lawyers find you if you don't make it easy for them?
2. I no longer use an AOL email address.
AOL is considered "so 1990" and has a negative stigma in business. Get a G-mail account. It is free.
3. I have re-read all of the consultations in the "Narrative" section focusing on #11 and #12
This entire section has been revamped to include the "Colossus to the Courtroom" program and is the single most powerful motivator for lawyers to bypass medical specialists and other DCs for you.
4. I am digitizing my patients’ flexion and extension views.
Without ligamentous laxity diagnosed, you cannot ascertain AOMSI (ligament damage) and it significantly alters your diagnoses, prognoses and treatment plans and hurts your patients in settlement considerations.
To digitize your patients, click here.
5. I am having lawyer seminars every 6 months
Lawyer seminars bring 30-100 lawyers to you...to run after you on a consistent basis....Really, they do! It also is another way to create a profit center for you if you do it right. This is the EASY-EASY-EASIEST button to grow your PI practice quickly.
6. Lawyers understand they can bypass the orthopedists, neurologists and neurosurgeons and refer directly to me.
I am certified or credentialed and have taken the PI Bootcamp, MRI Spine, Accident Reconstruction, Spinal Biomechanical Engineering, Impairment Rating and Head Trauma courses. I have priced my testimony accordingly and I rebut IME's. This way the lawyers CAN work with me and prevail.
7. My narratives reflect the “Colossus to the Courtroom” format and I get the completed reports to the lawyers within 2 weeks of their requests.
The new narrative template covers everything a lawyer will need from you for both their "bill of particulars" and their demand letter for settlement. You are the EASY BUTTON to winning cases. You also realize that it is far more economical, both financially and time management wise, to have Dr. Schonfeld write the narrative for you. Click Here to access the request.
8. I acquire information on my patients for both "loss of enjoyment of life" and "duties under duress."
Both parts need to be handled to accurately report the effects of the accident on the patient's life. I have the correct templates for my patients to fill out with complete explanations.
9. I am prepared for the carriers requests for "evidence based" documentation in order to get paid.
I have been telling you for over a year that 2014 will be the year that the carriers will start demanding, on a regular basis, the research evidence to render payment. This is why we created the EMR macros so that you can get paid. We are already seeing many denials across the country based upon the lack of that documentation in your SOAP notes and evaluations.
10. I have a “preferred listing” and my CV is regularly updated on the US Chiropractic Directory.
Lawyers, patients and future patients need a place to find you. In addition, this handles many of the ethical referral issues lawyers have. Partly because of the pro-chiropractic research posted on the site, we have had 13,688,000+ people visit the site in the last 18 months. It is a very well trafficked site on the Web.
11. Are your office bathrooms modernized and immaculate?
12. Is the rest of your office immaculate?
13. Do you have your diplomas hanging on the walls in the reception area?