Academy of Chiropractic Personal Injury & Primary Spine Care Program
Quickie Consult 21 G
"Ass-ectomy...The 10 Steps"
This was the request from one of the doctors in the group. It is after a week-long holiday (July 4th) and the practice is slow. The question was, "How do I get my head out of my ass and get the practice moving in the right direction?"
This is a very common scenario and one that I experienced every July (4th), December (Christmas and New Years), late September (Jewish holidays), and late January (my birthday...a very big deal and cause for serious time off on a tropical island as every Jew from Long Island does...that is factual).
The question begs, how do you overcome the loss of momentum? The answers are plentiful:
1. Recall Lists: Create a list of all of the patients who dropped from care within the last month and both write them a letter of recall and simultaneously call them on the phone. Your staff can do this, but you will have a better rate of success if you call.
2. Have an Event: It can be a layers seminar with me doing it for you or have a lawyers roundtable breakfast. Have a patient appreciation event or secure some lecturing time in a local service organization.
3. Take every patient that has not been in your office for 2-18 months and send them a recall card.
4. Invite your 3 best referring lawyers to dinner. Yes...wining and dining is good AFTER you have created the relationship.
5. Clean your desk and office. A little organization is a good way of telling the universe that you are ready for more business. It always works for me.
6. Make your walls market for you. Put diplomas and certificates in your entire office. Wallpaper the office with them.
7. Take a CE course that has serous merit and send an e-mail to every patient and lawyer that you have a relationship with. Send them to the US Chiropractic Directory.
8. Pick any pro-chiropractic research article from the US Chiropractic Directory and e-mail it to your entire database. If you do not have one for local contacts, create one ASAP.
9. Appoint your patients for 1 month ahead and institute text message and e-mail reminders that go out daily, with your patients' permission.
10. Hand out 1000 business cards in the next 4 weeks, with your staff's help.