CLICK FOR Trauma Team Application
The Academy of Chiropractic is dedicated to clinical excellence and has adopted the strategy of positioning you as a Primary Spine Care Provider and Trauma expert. This is not a marketing or advertising "gimmick." It is based upon your credentials, backed by Cleveland University-Kansas City, Chiropractic and Health Sciences that has involved rigorous training, testing and credentialing. Being a team member is another way of validating that you have attained a "recognized" level of education in trauma care and now have a document to verify it. Once you are a "Trauma Team Member" you can post it in your office, through any notification vehicles such as press releases, etc. and on your curriculum vitae. Once you have attained membership, it will endure your active membership with the Academy of Chiropractic.
In addition, this will open a pathway for you to teach Medical Doctors, AMA Category 1 PRA credits through the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership with the State University of New York at Buffalo, Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences as a Graduate Medical Provider. A title that can go on your curriculum vitae and endure the balance of your career. Not to mention that you can now teach MD's and get them to directly refer spine cases to you "first!"
1. Pass the required courses (or equivalent)
To learn more about each course CLICK HERE
1. Triage Trauma Patients [PI Bootcamp]: 9 Hours
2. MRI Spine Interpretation: 25 Hours
3. Spinal Biomechanical Engineering: 16 Hours
4. Spinal Trauma Pathology
5. Accident Reconstruction: 8 Hours
6. Impairment Rating: 2 Hours
7. Head Trauma - Brain Injury: 2 Hours
8. Medical-Legal Documentation - Colossus Algorithms: 3 Hours
9. Orthopedic Testing: 9 Hours
10. Stroke Anatomy & Evaluation for Chiropractors and Manual Medicine Specialists: 8 Hours
2. Pass each course with a minimum score of 80%
3. Once the above requirements have been met, CLICK HERE for an application
Please add the following upon being an accepted "Team Member"
Don Capoferri DC, DAAMLP
Academy of Chiropractic – Trauma Team Member [This can only be posted on your CV if you are an active member]
CV Entry in the "Selected Occupational History"
Academy of Chiropractic – Active Trauma Team Member, 2018-present
SAMPLE PRESS RELEASE: Click Here