Academy of Chiropractic Personal Injury & Primary Spine Care Program
Quickie Consult 244
“Be Seen and Get Referrals”
THIS IS SO IMPORTANT THAT I HAVE ALSO RELEASED IT AS CONSULTATION #217
I have well-chronicled my many failures in marketing attempts and "boneheaded" advertising schemes. I have also well-chronicled the only path to success which is to be clinically excellent and have everything you do be admissible so that the lawyers can utilize you. By the time you read this, you should have read all 215 previous consultations, all of the 243 quickie consultations and the 15 audio consultations and understand the process. You should also fully understand that asking for patients from a lawyer (aka begging and pleading for new patients) doesn't work and is demeaning.
Once you have the requisite knowledge, the next step is to be seen as the expert you have become and are forever forward. Doing this requires positioning and over the last few years, I have been guiding you on how to do so in a variety of ways. This program has taught you how to do the following:
1. Contact the lawyers of your current patients to get lawyers to reach back to you.
2. Sponsor a "lawyer lecture" where I come in and speak to the lawyers in your community to get them to run after you en masse.
3. Educate lawyers 1 on 1 using cold-call meetings and your educational binders.
4. Sponsor a local bar association meeting.
5. Sponsor Trial Lawyers Association meetings.
6. Hold a breakfast lecture meeting with 10 lawyers at a time.
7. E-mail lawyers informing them about you.
8. Secure a "preferred listing" on the US Chiropractic Directory.
9. Post your CV on the US Chiropractic Directory
10. Inform paralegals and lawyers to go to the US Chiropractic Directory to see your listing.
11. Inform your patients to go to the US Chiropractic Directory to see your listing.
12. Inform paralegals and lawyers to go to the US Chiropractic Directory to see current chiropractic research.
13. Inform your patients to go to the US Chiropractic Directory to see current chiropractic research.
14. Send letters to lawyers for relationships based upon research.
15. Send follow up letters to lawyers after a meeting.
16. Send letters to lawyers informing them of releases, IME rebuttals and narrative reports.
17. Reach out to hospitals.
18. Send letters to lawyers purely based upon IME rebuttals.
19. Get medical specialists to refer to you by having them on your team.
20. Get an MRI company to sponsor education programs for you.
If your practice is "stuck" and you are not getting the relationships, it is because you are not being seen. Once you have the requisite credentials, knowledge and admissible documentation, all that is left is to get the lawyers to run after you. The way to do that is to be seen and the above 20 action steps are what you have been trained to do from an honest and ethical perspective. It is your blueprint for success and my job to support you in that success.
Being at a party 2 days ago in New York, I was surrounded by a diversified group of medical and dental professionals. They were all working on various projects to grow their practices and I listened carefully, very carefully, without talking, to absorb it all (not easy for me). EVERY one of them was obsessed with either finding or creating a Web based company to be seen. They were all willing to spend $10,000's to make this happen as some of the established Web based programs are either saturated, as in dentistry, or simply do not exist. They all want to be seen as every metric has determined that is the present and future of healthcare marketing. These are all imminently credentialed professionals at the top of their fields with the credentials to back up their expertise.
Use the US Chiropractic Directory ONLY with a preferred listing as you already have what they are desperately trying to find or create in their professions and maximize being seen by following the instructions on the Directory. BE SEEN EVERYWHERE. It is not enough to be seen in one place for a short amount of time. You need to create relationships and simply being either in an environment or in the "face" of the lawyer repetitively is often enough to make that relationship. The more mediums you utilize, the greater the chance of creating those relationships based upon your clinical excellence.
BE SEEN EVERYWHERE. Having lawyers see your CV is being seen and they should do that on the US Chiropractic Directory because they can share that easily with their colleagues and clients. You get to make changes often so that it's current and have a continual reason to communicate with lawyers and have them go back to look up your CV. Simply sending them a link to your Directory listing or CV is the simplest way for them to find you. One click of a mouse in an e-mail will DRIVE them to you. You have to hit the "easy button." That strategy cost STAPLES untold millions of dollars to develop for TV, but the strategy was a huge success. Learn from it and use it.
BE SEEN EVERYWHERE and...using the "easy button" is the surest way to be seen because it is VERY EASY. Remember the winning adage, if you want to double your practice, double the people that know you, NOT the people you know. Being seen is the way to double triple and quadruple the people who know you.