Academy of Chiropractic
Quickie Consult 1315
Clinical Information 305 CI
Preamble: Many of the issues I bring to you are very small, yet each issue is just that, an issue. If you take care of the small issues, then you will be able to build and more importantly, focus on the bigger issues...a larger practice and more family time. -Mark Studin 2006
2021 Technology Check-Up
“I win with communication” Mark Studin 2021
Now that it's a new year, you must do a technology check-up to ensure you are functioning optimally. By not functioning optimally, you and your staff will spend more time waiting, costing you more money. Also, you will lose referral opportunities and prevent people from communicating with you. Technology is critical in every business, and mine is no different. I spend over $50,000 a year to ensure you get my emails every day. I just purchased new computers because it's been three years, where every few years the technology changes and no matter how good my computers run they become obsolete.
Every business has critical technology demands, and yours is no different. Here are the things you need to do:
- Ensure that all of your emails are not from the "Microsoft family." This includes Yahoo, MSN, SBCGlobal, and Hotmail. Microsoft is blocking emails without letting you know or putting them in your spam file. Currently, Google is the most stable email platform globally, and I never have a problem getting emails to you should you have a Google platform. Remember, if I can't deliver an email to you, that means other people can't as well.
- Signature lines: you need the correct signature line on all electronic devices, including desktop computers, laptop computers, tablets, and cell phones. The following is a sample signature line
Donald A Capoferri, D.C., FSBT, DAAMLP, BCN
Fellow, Spinal Biomechanics and Trauma-SUNY Buffalo
Trauma Qualified-- Cleveland University Kansas City
Interprofessional Hospital Qualified- Cleveland University Kansas City
Primary Spine Care Qualified- Cleveland University Kansas City
123 Main Street
Cummings GA, 32165
- Go to Speedtest.net and test your upload and download speeds. You should be at least 200mbs upload and no less than 50mps download. My speeds are evidenced below:
This is the speed of business, and you need to ensure you are current with technology needs. I would also ensure that you have the same speeds at home.
4. Internal memory. This is what supports accessing each program, not storing data. You need a minimum of 12 mg. for each device.
5. Replace all computers every three years. Although the devices will work, the technology gets outdated. Consider donating your old computers to a church, food pantry, etc. and take that as a tax deduction. It helps both them and you.