That is the secret and the question
1. Would a lawyer refer to you
2. Would a medical Specialist refer to you
3. Would a medical primary care provider refer to you
4. Would your patients convince their friends and family to see you 1st
1. Would a lawyer bypass a medical specialist for you
2. Would a medical specialist bypass the physical therapist and opiate drugs for you
3. Would a medical primary care provider bypass the medical specialist and opiates for you
4. Would your current patients convince their family and friends to bypass their medical primary care provider or specialist for you
Once you understand the why… The rest becomes easy and you are well on your way to realizing the referrals from all of those referral sources as the primary spine care provider. When you are the 1st choice… you win.
The answer in every case…It is better for both the referral source and the patient being referred based upon the research and outcomes. It is better for every provider because it will free their offices from cases they cannot treat. It is better because it will help stem the opiate epidemic.
All that is left… learn the research behind it, get credentialed and the knowledge behind those credentials and then learn how to communicate your knowledge, the research and why it is in everyone’s best interest based upon both outcome studies and everything you know (what I have been teaching you).
This is also why it is critical to know the research. The articles on the US Chiropractic Directory will help give you synopsized research on chiropractic outcomes.
If it seems a tall task, it is and IS NOT. If you are lost…call me and together I will guide you.
Mark Studin DC, FASBE(C), DAAPM, DAAMLP
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Chiropractic, University of Bridgeport, College of Chiropractic
Adjunct Professor, Division of Clinical Sciences, Texas Chiropractic College
Educational Presenter, Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education Joint Partnership with the State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Academy of Chiropractic
US Chiropractic Directory